List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles
From:       "Philipp A." <flying-sheep () web ! de>
Date:       2014-02-18 13:51:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> In e.g. perl, you *really* want regex's to be a different color :-). But I
> would lean strongly to something like dsSpecialString instead of dsRegExp,
> as it's more general, and could possibly be used for raw strings also.

eureka! how about dsVerbatimString and dsSpecialString (as well as
dsSpecialChar) both?

dsVerbatimString could be used for raw strings and markup verbatim sections
and dsSpecialString/Char for LateX math mode and regexes (and their special
escape sequences inside).

i think taht's best, because ruby, perl, and coffeescript (at least) all
have both raw strings and literal regexes, and dsVerbatimString is a more
versatile name as "raw string".