List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-17 23:22:17

On 2014-02-17 17:49, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 17 February 2014 23:21:12 Philipp A. wrote:
>>> ? dsException: Often with Exception or Error in the name
>>
>> i'm coming from python here. do other languages also have standard
>> exception hierarchies? if not, scratch that.
>
> At least JavaScript and C++ don't have it. PHP has it though.

Really? I thought C++ did... at least it has some known exception types
from STL. We don't highlight exception types differently, though. (Not
sure we should, either.)

IMHO this sort of thing would be better if HL occured at a language
parsing level and not via the HL rules, e.g. more like KDevelop does it.
(That said, maybe we should have it solely for KDevelop to use. I could
see e.g. with dsExtension, dsConstant similarly using those to add
supplemental highlighting over top of the HL rules.)

--
Matthew