List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Styles
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-02-17 23:17:14

On 2014-02-17 17:20, Sven Brauch wrote:
> On Monday 17 February 2014 22:43:08 Dominik Haumann wrote:
>> ? dsRegExpOp    (new, RegExp semantics: ^\., [:space:], ...)
> How are chances we can instead have a RegEx highlighting and switch to that
> for regular expressions? As far as I'm aware in most languages it should be
> rather easy to guess which strings are regexes, buy just looking at the
> built-in functions which deal with them. Do you think that's feasible?
> Same goes for SQL, by the way.

Heh. There (SQL) is another reason to go with dsSpecialString instead...

>> ? dsExample     (new, e.g. @code ... @endcode, or dsVerbatim ? )
> Can we switch to the surrounding language mode instead?

Not always. First, there may not be an associated language, and second,
this might also apply to the markup that starts such a region. (Both are
true of reST, for example.) Also, the HL's need rules for that, and
sometimes it isn't possible yet (e.g. non-bracketed reST in CMake).

> I'm still pretty sure we will need about five dsMisc styles if we want to keep
> the others somewhat on-topic.

I think I agree that I'd like to try hard to avoid these... they lack
semantic meaning, which means they won't be used consistently, and thus
will tend to frustrate users as they won't know how, and won't be able,
to set them to their liking.

--
Matthew