List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding Kate Source Compilation.
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-12-01 20:46:43

Hi Pravin,

your KDE version is by far too old in order to build the current Kate code
base. KDE is released every 6 months. The current version is KDE 4.11, wich
KDE 4.12 being released rather soon. KDE 4.3 is 4.5 years old. This is why
you cannot build Kate.

We highly recommend to update your KDE/Linux installation, since there are a
lot of improvements in addition to Kate's advancements.

Hope that helps,
Dominik