List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Switching to Python 3
From:       Todd <toddrjen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-12 16:32:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Right, that was my point.  With something like iPython, it shouldn't be
much more difficult to support both python 2 and python 3 than just one or
the other, you just need either the user or the distro to set the right
command to execute.  Supporting two versions wouldn't be any more difficult
than just allowing two commands to be set (which for something like
iPython, which has a lot of flexibility with different profiles, might be a
good thing even without python 2 support).