List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Switching to Python 3
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhaumann () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-11-10 12:25:12

On Sunday 10 November 2013 13:14:36 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as posted yesterday, there will be some switch in Kate to support KDE
> Frameworks 5 in the next months. Perhaps we just do this python switch just
> for the 5.x version and keep the 4.x as is, it that is no too big delay for
> you Python-Devs.

That is true, are we able to ship a Python plugin then in the 4.x line that
just works?

I think this is what Philipp tries to solve - as soon as possible.

The answer is partly given by Alex' patch, that (currently) at compile time
either supports Python 2 or Python 3. But if it's at compile time, we could
just choose Python 3. And with this, we arrive again at Philipp's proposal.

Greetings,
Dominik