List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Frameworks 5 Switch, When, how, what?
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-11-10 10:53:58

Hi!

The sooner we start porting, the more time we have for bug fixing and stabilizing again. Are all things \
we need in KF5 (at least somehow) by now?

Coordination with KDevelop/Kile is important.

KF is a big switch, so I guess there will be along beta phase. Of course at that point we should not \
break API BC/SC just for fun, but I think it a soft freeze should start and a hard API freeze should \
start with KF5 RCs. Reasoning, I think some users of the API will start porting quite late (e.g. Kile), \
therefor if we overlooked something we should be able to fix the problems and not start with workarounds \
and hacks on 5.0.1.

Best regards,
Joseph