List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Meaning of fields and their contents in kate/kile schema and syntax
From:       "R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar" <chyavana () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-17 4:08:22

Dear Folks,

I hope I am addressing the right group of developers.

First, thank you for kate and its progeny, kile.

I am writing a book in LaTeX for which I am using kile on Kubuntu 11.10.

I had previously been using Ubuntu 11.04 and wrote some tweaks for a
dark-background syntax highlighting for LaTeX in gedit described here:

Now that I am back with Kubuntu and kile, which are thankfully very
stable, I am looking to replicate the dark background, eye-friendly
colours I used with gedit.

I have downloaded the DarkOxygen kate colour scheme from:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/DarkOxygen?content=140718and find
it quite good.

I would like to try out some of the syntax highlighting from the gedit
setup and perhaps modify to some small extent the LaTeX highlighting
section of DarkOxygen, especially for BibTeX and perhaps for contents
within [] and {} in LaTeX.

For that I need to know the meanings of the RHS csv fields in the kate
schema and syntaxhighlightng files. I simply do not know what the values
stand for.

I have posted my question at:

I got one reply that advised me to seek help from the kate developers
themselves. Hence this email.

I would be grateful if you could find time to answer me by email or
through the forum.

One suggestion: it would be lovely if an automated scheme could port the
extremely rich set of vim colour schemes and syntax highlighting to
kate, even if one does not wish to emulate vim in kate.

Many thanks.

Chandra