List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues with http://kate-editor.org/get-it/
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2011-07-27 21:49:38

On Wednesday, 27. July 2011, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> "KDE documentation webpage" is a link to
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdesdk/kate/index.html
>
> Two issues:
> 1) The link will change the next days when toma switches development to
> 4.8 and stable to 4.7. The i18n toolchain extracts kwrite/kate
> documentation to l10n-kde4/documentation/kdebase-runtime/ and
> docs.kde.org pulls it from there. So the new link has to be
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-runtime/kate/index.html.
>
> For me it feels a bit strange to have the Kate/KWrite under
> kdebase-runtime on docs.kde.org, I assume Joe User will not expect it in
> runtime.
> Maybe kdebase-apps is more suitable?

Maybe it's runtime because kate part is kind of needed there?!
I agree that kdebase-apps is more suitable.

> 2) The updated Kate/Kwrite docs just arrived in 4.7, therefore "The
> current state is unfortunately a bit outdated" is wrong!

Yes, thanks a lot for all your efforts! I've removed this part :-)

Thanks also to T.C. Hollingsworth for putting effort into improving the
handbook. It would be nice to get even more patches. Maybe you are even
interested to become the Kate Handbook maintainer?

Greetings,
Dominik