List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Syntax highlighting files
From:       "Ivo Anjo" <knuckles () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-30 14:27:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I was thinking: does kate really need to do those stats at startup?

According to Dominik, most of the info is cached, and the stat's are only to
see "if anything changed".
But imagine I'm opening a C file: Kate already knows that there is a C file
highlight, and opens it, and then it notices that it is a new version -- no
stat was needed for the other files.

I think the stat would only be needed when opening a file for which kate
didn't have an highlight, or when opening an highlight and kate notices it's
missing, and that could be done only when needed, not at every startup.

Ivo