List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Plugin development related questions
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-09-10 7:10:01

On 10.09.08 02:16:48, Ivo Anjo wrote:
> > Narf, thank you... I did wonder how I could compile Kate without it
> > implementing the virtual signal...
> >
> > Any ideas on how to handle errors?
>
> Just wanted to add that signals and slots are fully run-time mechanisms, so
> they are never checked statically (and I guess they would be very hard to)
> at compile-time.

No they are not, both signals and slots are plain old member functions.
Just the connection itself is a run-time mechanism. And if katepart
wouldn't have a signal declaration for that signal the compiler would've
barfed about Kate::Document being an abstract class as it has a pure
virtual function - that signal that isn't re-implemented.

Andreas

--
Time to be aggressive.  Go after a tattooed Virgo.