List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop crash (in kate)
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-03 23:52:53

Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:55:49 am Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Not sure if this is kate's fault, or kdevelop's fault for misusing
>> katepart, but anyway, here's a backtrace for folks to look at. Please
>> let me know if this looks like a legit bug, if I should file it, and if
>> so who I should file it against.
>
> <snip>
>
> I think this may be a legitimate bug, but haven't been able to reproduce it,
> which is essential for fixing it (the backtrace doesn't explain why it
> happens).  So, next time it occurs, could you write down the exact recent
> sequence of commands that you had typed into kdevelop, and send that to me?

Ah, typed? You mean, like hitting undo + redo, typing text in a source
file, etc? (I don't know that I am "typing commands in kdevelop"...)

I can try, but it's not reproducible on demand, it seems to just happen
randomly (I've hit it something like 4-6 times so far). Once I had just
pasted something, another time I think I had just hit undo and then
redo... Also unless I get some free time to fiddle with KDE it's
unlikely I'd be able to share any source files in which I had problems,
since my day to day work is on proprietary code. So it's pretty unlikely
I'll ever manage to get you a reproducible test case :-(.

What I might be able to do is disable debugging, or even run kdevelop
directly in gdb, so that I'll have a core file next time.

--
Matthew
I want to vote for a Conservative Democrat. Too bad they're about as