List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate Developer Sprint
From:       dhdev () gmx ! de
Date:       2008-03-20 18:30:09

Hi all,

> On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dimecres 19 Març 2008, Dominik Haumann va escriure:
> > > Hello guys,
> > >
> > > the KDE release-team set the deadline for adding items to the list of
> > > planned features for KDE4.1 to 2008-03-31:
> > >
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan
> > >
> > > Our small developer meeting will be in April, thus we should add our
> > > planned features already now. If you think it's a good idea I can also
> > > contact the release-team to ask for an exception so that we are free
> with
> > > what we do until after the meeting ;)
> > >
> > > Oh, and while we are already at it: We really should talk already now
> > > about what we will do at the meeting. It's certainly a good
> opportunity
> > > to discuss things, exchange ideas and implement features and
> prototypes.
> > >
> > > What comes roughly to my mind is
> > > * Session management (again, Anders has very good points)
> > > * Scripting (indentation, helper scripts, macros, finding good APIs)
> > > * Input modes (abstraction layer, so we can have geek-input modes,
> too)
> > > probably coupled with scripting
> > > * Collaborative editing (along with why Decibel is so cool)
> > > * useful plugins
> > > * ...
> >
> > Is the sprint private? Or can one try to join?
> >
> You would be very welcome :)

It's an open event, just like the kdepim and decibel developer sprints.
I didn't come around to write a smal quickies-article for the dot.
But anyway, right now we are ~8 developers, we will meet in Darmstadt, Germany. The \
location is being hosted by basysKom (just the same as with decibel).

The idea is to have a small concentrated developer sprint to push kate forward. This \
of course includes discussions, bug fixing, polishing... If you are interested to \
join us the only thing we have to do is to organize accommodation etc (which we can \
discuss in private mails, too).

I'm off for today, if you want you also can call me by phone. The date is from 11th \
of April to 13th of April.

Dominik
phone +49 160 9772 5427