List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: A tree view plugin for Kate
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-28 7:57:47

Hi !

The window in the middle of your screenshot looks similiar to my "Quick
Document Switcher" plugin for KDE 4 (it's in kdesdk). If enabled it is
accessible with CTRL+1, although my plugin only searches within already
opened files, which I needed because most of the time I've more than 60 files
open. It could be extended to search more things though.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 02:24:53 Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> I have a "Directory Project" plugin that does a tree view of any
> selected directory.  It also allows for search-as-you-type for any
> file under the selected directory, like TextMate's Find Files (ctrl-h)
> command.  It keeps the tree view (and the search-as-you-type widget)
> synced to the filesystem with KDirWatch... or at least it tries to.
>
> Here's a screenshot if interested:
> http://i14.tinypic.com/6shoj8o.png
>
> It requires Pate to work:
> http://paul.giannaros.org/pate/
>
> If you're having trouble installing Pate in Ubuntu, see this page:
> http://blog.stochasticbytes.com/2007/11/installing-pate-for-kate.html
>
> My plugin is a work in progress, but it works fairly well already.  I
> use it everyday at work.  Gotta use svn to get/install it:
> svn co http://stochasticbytes.com/svn/directory_project
>
> I going to update how it does the Find Files feature soon.
>
> -- Christopher
>
> On Nov 26, 2007 1:49 PM, Batiste <batiste@dosimple.ch> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use Kate for my programing tasks. I am missing a tree view a lot
> > because on our projects a lot of files have the same name (Django
> > programming with python) and kate default document view does not provide
> > a way to easly differencitate them. A tree, being visualy hierachical,
> > solve this this problem.
> >
> > So I tried to make a very basic plugin using the QTreeView object and I
> > was happy to see that it was not as difficult as I tought. I have used
> > the revision 735968 from the KDE trunk.
> >
> > I know that this plugin is very rough, so I will be happy if you can take
> > a look a it and comment for improvments. My goal is to reach the quality
> > required to integrate the Kde repository.
> >
> > Attached: the patch for kdesdk
> >
> > Keep the amazing work,
> > Batiste Bieler

Been there, done that