List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: A tree view plugin for Kate
From:       "Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbottaro () alumni ! cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2007-11-28 1:24:53

I have a "Directory Project" plugin that does a tree view of any
selected directory.  It also allows for search-as-you-type for any
file under the selected directory, like TextMate's Find Files (ctrl-h)
command.  It keeps the tree view (and the search-as-you-type widget)
synced to the filesystem with KDirWatch... or at least it tries to.

Here's a screenshot if interested:
http://i14.tinypic.com/6shoj8o.png

It requires Pate to work:
http://paul.giannaros.org/pate/

If you're having trouble installing Pate in Ubuntu, see this page:
http://blog.stochasticbytes.com/2007/11/installing-pate-for-kate.html

My plugin is a work in progress, but it works fairly well already.  I
use it everyday at work.  Gotta use svn to get/install it:
svn co http://stochasticbytes.com/svn/directory_project

I going to update how it does the Find Files feature soon.

-- Christopher