List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: find
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2007-10-02 17:33:10

On Tuesday 02 October 2007, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Anders Lund wrote:
> > Another is to make RETURN hide the widget, and let something else
> > activate the next and previous buttons - in addition to (shift) F3 maybe
> > TAB in the search widget?

> I don't like to lose the possibility to trigger another search
> with an easy to hit key combo. Especially on a laptop F3 can be
> a PITA. I like Gedit's <Ctrl>+<G> much better but that's Go-To-Line
> for us...

What? If you prefer c-g to f3 for search again, you can easily do that
privately.

> Hm, maybe I could live with <Ctrl>+<Return> doing that
> and <Return> colsing the dialog as you suggest. How do you
> feel about that?

... or just giving the editor focus? In fact that leaves the find dialog
visible, so one can see the current search string and click buttons for those
liking that (oh, that should of course also return the focus to the editor
immediately) ...

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk