List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: FW: KDE4 Release Goals
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2007-09-27 19:07:42

Am Donnerstag, 27. September 2007 schrieb Sebastian Pipping:
> Leo Savernik wrote:
> > You mean block selection now works correctly with tabs within and around
> > selection? SCNR :-)

> I just checked it out here and at least
> tabs do not work as expected.
> I am wondering though what that expected
> behavior is: shouldn't the selection always
> take the shape of a rectangle no matter
> how long lines are and if it's whitespace or
> not? Also if I select in block mode and do
> a copy-paste with that block shouldn't the
> result look the very same?

I know this question cannot be answered straight-forwardly. I'd say block
selection should work visually, i. e. the selection is a rectangle on screen,
even if the physical columns are shifted due to tabs. However, I don't know
how *insertion* should be treated if the target lines already contain tabs
and if the insertion is done at a different column such that the tabs
contained in the selection are expanded to a different length.

Concluding, I wouldn't say 100%, but 99.999% :-)

mfg
	Leo