List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: yup,   kate's HL code is bork
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-03 22:52:03

Mirko Stocker wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2007 22:02:22 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Nope, if anything this seems worse than your previous patch. Note: I
>> rather strongly suspect this is not the highlighter's fault, but the
>> renderer's fault. (You have 'show static word wrap indicator' turned on,
>> right?)
>
> Ok, so I tried to fix it in the renderer. That's the best way I found so far,
> but handles only the foreground color of not selected text, but I think I can
> implement the rest in a similar fashion.
> What I don't understand is, what does this have to do with the 'show static
> word wrap indicator'? I can't see any difference whether it is on or off.

Odd, the bug I'm seeing only happens with the indicator on (it seems the
pen color is not reset after drawing the indicator; dsNormal things end
up drawn in the indicator color).

>> This does seem fixed! :-) However, I don't understand why; something
>> about constructing from pointers? Or did I miss something?
>
> I suppose the problem arised because the defaultStyleList's own items were
> modified through the pointer.

Ok, I suspected the problem was something like that. I'll take another
(closer) look and probably check in that part later this week.

>> Btw, are you on IRC?
>
> No usually not.. is there a kwrite-devel channel somewhere?

#kate on freenode.net, although #kde4-devel gets more traffic; I'm often
on around 15:00-23:00 UTC.

--
Matthew
Sending this e-mail does not constitute endorsement of the contents; I