List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Invoking Javascript scripts via keyboard shortcut? (Or something
From:       Randy Kramer <rhkramer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-14 20:09:50

Using kate 2.5.6 (kde 3.5.6, Kubuntu 7.04)

I'm writing some scripts in Javascript which I can invoke by
using the kate command line, i.e., <F7>

Is there a way to assign such scripts to a keyboard shortcut or
something similar so I can invoke them more quickly than by invoking
the command line and then, for example, scrolling up and down through
history?

Maybe via dcop?  Re: dcop: One problem that I've run into so far with dcop
(attempting to use it for a different purpose) is that I run multiple
instances of kate and I haven't found a way for dcop to recognize the
instance I'm using, so if you suggest using dcop, please consider this
as well.

Thanks,
Randy Kramer