List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Syntax Highlighting and SystemVerilog Hardware description
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2007-06-13 5:39:15

On Tuesday 12 June 2007, stephane PETITHOMME wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using Kate (or Kdevelop) in my dayly work and i come to edit
> systemVerilog code. As I am also working on the grammar of this new
> hardware language, I'd like to add support for syntax highlighting for it
> to kate.
>
> Could i get some hint on how to process. I can do the work and send it back
> later.

The syntax highlighting definitions are XML files in
KDEDIR/share/apps/katepart/syntax/<language>.xml

There is a appendix in the kate handbook about the format, and an article at
http://www.kate-editor.org.

The easiest way to get started is to pick the system closest to the one you
want to add, and edit it under a new name, but you can also start from blank.

Be wellcome to ask for more help here.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk