List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Choose editor fails silently
From:       Lothar Braun <lothar () lobraun ! de>
Date:       2007-05-31 18:47:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

i'm not sure if it is ok to report bugs against the KDE 4 alpha sources at
bugs.kde.org. Shall i open a bug/wish report for the following issue?

I develop a KTextEditor component that can be loaded into kwrite/kate. I tried
to load that component into kwrite/kate (via the config menu). Loading failed
due to some programming error on my side. But both, kwrite and kate, told me
that they were using my KTextEditor, but used the katepart for real.

I think kate/kwrite should test if the editor compontent was loaded correctly
and both should issue an error message, if it failed. The "Chose Editor" menu
should also show the actual used editor component.

I use the KDE 4 alpha 1 packages (compiled from source).

Best regards,
  Lothar

--
while (!asleep()) sheep++;