List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [WORKING-PATCH] K[ate][write] using KPluginSelector
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2007-05-31 17:19:28

On Thursday 31 May 2007 17:38:21 Anders Lund wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > If the plugin itself is configurable, instead of "About" a link named
> > "More Options" is shown.
>
> I *still* have a hard time understanding why you use links instead of
> proper buttons ???
I would be OK with that, if it is at least consistent with konqueror and Co.
What I can't accept is the problem with the configuration, it needs to end in
the KateConfig object, not in KConfig. If it is feasable, I have no problems
with having some temporary kconfig object in the dialog, just for filling the
dialog and rereading that again, but the config must go again like it was in
the kateconfig object, it was well thought that you can configure plugins per
document and per config object you pass to the ktexteditor stuff. I really
like the dialog, as it would make use consistent with konqueror and co. and
we could get benefits, if the dialog is improved for later releases. But as
said, only if it doesn't have the current drawbacks.

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann