List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request: include syntax highlighting rules from modeline
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2006-10-30 19:23:39

On Monday 30 October 2006 19:43, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Does this mean KATE4 will be able to do things like highlight here-docs
> in bash scripts?

No. Not unless you write a bash hl file that assumes some HERE delimiter that
tells the highlighter what to import ( << END_HTML; ), and jumps context. And
you can do that now.

> That would be very useful! It would be nice if there
> was a way to tint the background color, though, so you could tell such
> highlighting apart from the upper-level highlighting. (I don't think
> overriding the colors as we currently do with <IncludeRules/> would
> work, since I assume we are talking about arbitrary highlighters rather
> than pre-defined sets.)

I do not understand that sentence. We do absolutely nothing to override
colors.

Adding a way to tint the background of text rendered by an included hl is not
bad though, and it should be fairly easy with the arbitrary highlighting, nor
should adding direct support for it.

> This brings up another wish that I had tried to code at one point and
> couldn't get to work right: color inheritance. I.e. it would be really
> nice if highlighters like C/C++ could use the colors specified for the
> Doxygen highlighter as "default" rather than just 'dsXyz' (did that make
> any sense?).

No.

Doxygen text in C++ files use the doxygen colors pr default. But you have the
option to change them. That said, I never checked if changing the colors for
doxygen is correctly utilized.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk