List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request: include syntax highlighting rules from modeline
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2006-10-30 17:05:31

On Monday 30 October 2006 17:39, Andriy Lesyuk wrote:
> Probably such things could be done by adding something like merging
> highlighters with
> some special syntax that would allow to expand the functionality of
> currently existing highlighters
> without modifying them.
>
> Seems like it is hard to do... So interpret this as the idea and not as
> TODO.

I plan to make it very easy to make mixed syntax highlight, like used with PHP
(commonly mixed with HTML, but you can use PHP with any text format, as well
as Mason, EmbPerl, eperl, jsp, asp etc.

Currently this requires generating special versions of each file in the mix or
included by any file in the mix.

Instead I will make it possible for a hl to define a rule set which can be
evaluated in every included context. That will make it possible to create a
mixed context in very few lines, or even by selecting components for the mix
in a mode line or in a dialog.

Maybe this idea will help you?

-anders
--