List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: S&S indentation maintainership.
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2006-09-12 13:40:52

Am Dienstag, 12. September 2006 13:29 schrieb Tim Hutt:
> what are the # and n for?

I had the same question when I started hacking on the csmart-indenter.

Quoting Jesse:
"For c#'s '#regioN' and "#endregioN' markers which should be aligned
automatically.  I used 'N' as the trigger for that auto-movement."

I. e. #if #define etc should be outdented to the left margin, but
#region/#endregion are to be left indented. As # triggers outdenting, n has
to retrigger indenting.

> 4) Maybe change the name. [...] like, "C++ Style" or something.

Given the fact that the csmart-indenter is already called "C-Style" in the GUI
(and is usable for C/C++/C#/Java), C++-Style doesn't sufficiently emphasise
S&S' special purpose.

> 5) Add test cases using the new regression test suite.

Yes! You can copy over the initial csmart regression tests to a csands
directory and adapt baseline accordingly. This should give you a head start.

Btw, do you develop against trunk?

mfg
	Leo