List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    S&S indentation maintainership.
From:       Tim Hutt <tdh29 () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2006-09-12 11:29:54

Hi, I recently started fixing things that annoy me in the S&S indentation
style, and would like to take over maintainership of it.

I sent an email to kde@metafoo.co.uk who is apparently the original author,
and haven't received a reply, so if someone here says it is ok I shall begin
coding.

My plans include:

1) Make it less aggressive - change the trigger characters to just "};:"
from "}{)/:;#n" (by the way what are the # and n for? It says something about
c# regions but as I don't know c# I can't work it out.)

2) Fix enums - currently they indent like this:

enum Colours
{
        Red,
                Blue,
                Green,
};

3) Possibly change function implementations to indent like this:

void foo()
<tab>

And then un-indent when you type {. This would allow you to easily write:

MyClass::MyClass()
<tab>: member(initialisation)
{

}

4) Maybe change the name. I can't find any reference to S&S indentation other
than the one in a bug comment (http://www.derkarl.org/s-and-s.html),
and that doesn't mention where it comes from or what S&S is/are. I was
thinking something like, "C++ Style" or something.

5) Add test cases using the new regression test suite.

6) Generally clean up the code.

Thanks

-Tim Hutt