List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Fw: Oracle10g SQL syntax highlighting 2
From:       "Christoph Cullmann" <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-04-04 9:01:36

<zitiere wer="Yury Lebedev">
> Hi Dominik
>
> I changed these rules so didn't know the exact meaning of the 'column'
> attribute. If it's supposed to mark rule to be at the beginning of line,
> my
> changes are unnecessary then (but I don't think the such improvements of a
> regexpr is the good idea - it is much powerful already :-) Feel free to
> cancel changes in these 3 lines (or commit them without 'column' attribute
> -
> it's for your choice).
:) the column stuff is not there to make the regex system more powerful,
but make it more fast, atm if you specify a linestart regex, this means in
all cases kate has to start the detection for it, if the column=0 is
specified, a little int compare later it just can discard that, that's
much faster than starting up regex compares ;) still no problem to use
pure regex, it's just something to keep in mind if you want to get bit
more speed

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team