List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Kate feature request
From:       charles.tilbury () comcast ! net
Date:       2005-01-31 21:12:45

Hello everyone.  I have just started using Kate.  I like it a lot.  Great work!  I \
would like to have a key recording or macro capability.  I would use this to modify a \
block of text.  Say to turn this:

enum {
  option_1,
  option_n,
};

into something like this:

struct junk[] = {
  {option_1, "option_1"},
  {option_n, "option_n"}
};

This is a feature that I use quite a bit (in visual slick edit).  The question is: \
does this seem possible or easy to do as a plug in?  (maybe I could do it, if it \
would not take a year) It would involve tracking all of the keystrokes that the user \
types, and possibly the mouse events.

Also, I use column mark/cut/paste pretty often.  Any plans for that kind of feature?

Thanks guys!
Charles Tilbury
Granite Falls, WA, USA