List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re[4]: New Fortran highlighting for Kwrite (Mihai Basa)
From:       Mihai Basa <razorblack () home ! ro>
Date:       2003-06-25 8:08:33

Hi,

RK> Mihai,
RK> it looks good, two things I noticed. Afaik the mime type in KDE is
RK> called text/x-f77src instead of text/x-fortran-src. I dont know whether
RK> that matters.

I left that part the way it was in the original. Maybe one of the KDE
developers could arbitrate this, please?

RK> Also the dimension statement is not highlighted.

This is really strange... the DIMENSION statement _is_ highlighted! It's
supposed to be highlighted in the same (brown) colour as all type keywords
(like INTEGER, REAL, etc.). Maybe the fortran.xml was not installed
properly... While working on it I noticed a few such strange behaviours. Kate
sometimes seems to 'remember' old highlightings.

I've found this generally works:

1. Turn Kate off (or don't start it yet :).
2. Make sure the new fortran.xml is copied in "~\.kde\share\apps\katepart\syntax\",
3. Delete "~\.kde\share\config\katesyntaxhighlightingrc". This is harmless,
AFAIK (kate re-creates it. Obviously it doesn't exist whaen a new user is
created.) This should make Kate reset most of the highlighting settings.
4. Start Kate.

"Dimension" should be highlighted. Also "Print", "Equivalence",  etc. Do you have
highlighting for math intrinsics (dark purple)?

Mihai