List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Colors in Kate
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2002-04-23 21:36:14

Hi

> Shouldn't we make some kind of standarisation for colors in KDE, I think
> this could be done by adding more global styles of hl, I think that maybe
> all the language particular hl should be in global and each language hl
> choses the needed, don't you think so ?

I don't think it is worth it. We could for instance 100 styles, and than there
will be a style needing 101.  Another problem would be a generic naming,
there are a few things most of the highlightings have (eg keywords) in
common, but what is with the names of styles, which are needed for one hl
description, but don't fit into those we have chosen ?

I think for most of the cases the few global ones we have are enough and all
others should be chosen by the authors, but you can always prove me being
wrong. Which ones would you like to add ?

> And another thing... I don't know you, but I like black backgrounds in text
> editing, white is really anoying for me, what about having a black
> background ? is it too user unfriendly ?
> Thank you.

I've got used to the white background during my long time working with M$
Windows, but let's wait for other opinions.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger