List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: About dyn. word warp
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-03-30 18:25:17

On Friday 29 March 2002 23:38, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Friday 29 March 2002 16:14, jowenn@bigfoot.com wrote:
> > What is, if somebody writes a line, which is wrapped
> > larger than a whole screen height ? I don't know if
> > someone does such stupid things though.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Joseph Wenninger
>
> well, CGI scripts produce very long lines. And meinproc, for example.
Yeah, very long, but each user with at least 640x480 would have enough space
to make its kwrite window 400x400 to read it, as more than that is just
broken ;) If we have the dyn. word wrap working the way I suggested, we
should perhaps make a little poll on our homepage or kde-devel to look if the
people like it, if not, we can try to implement a "better" version later,
should be easier if we allready have a working word wrap.

> -anders

Christoph Cullmann
Kate/KDE developer
cullmann@kde.org