List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: About dyn. word warp
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-03-30 13:27:13

Hi,
I have renamed clearDirtyCache to updateLineRanges (as that shows more what it
does than the old name, which seemed more to be caused by its history).

At the moment, clearDirtyCache is not very intelligent and always recalculates
which realLines are in the lineRanges array and ignores the keepLineData
bool, which it should honor, for example for scrolling or just resizing, as
there only the new lines should get refreshed line data, not all. We should
rewrite the updateView of the kateinternalview to first set the height/yPos
of the view, than call updateLineData (no if's, call it each time, therefor
the keepLineData will later avoid unnessecary calcs) and do all the other
stuff behind that and we will be sure that we have always accurate lineData
in the array.

cu
Christoph

--