List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: About dyn. word warp
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-03-29 16:58:44

On Friday 29 March 2002 16:14, jowenn@bigfoot.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> >1. enhance  QIntDict <int> m_lineMapping;
> > to  QIntDict <LineStruct> m_lineMapping;
> > with class LineStruct { in line, int startCol, bool
> >wrapped }
>
> Sounds good, looks similiar to what I had in mind
>
> >2. only allow to scroll to "real lines", which means
> >that switching between
> >dyn. wrap mode / no dyn. wrap wouldn't change the
> >vertical scrollbar, as you
> >can only scroll with it to real lines (like you can now
> >in folding mode, but
> >not to partial lines), this is as it emacs does and has
> >a good performance
>
> What is, if somebody writes a line, which is wrapped
> larger than a whole screen height ? I don't know if
> someone does such stupid things though.
That would be a problem, but on the other side: Why kill performance only for
some stupid users which don't know how to hit the return key ? I think we
should follow the style emacs uses in this area and not try to support
"stupid" behaviour ;).

> Kind regards
> Joseph Wenninger
>
> PS: Sorry if this mail looks terribly broken, but since
> my latest HEAD update, I can't send mails with kmail
> anymore, so I use the web interface of my provider. Which
> isn't easy either, because most of the text on the
> webpage is squares, instead of characters :(
No prob ;) Hope your kmail will work again soon.

Christoph Cullmann
Kate/KDE developer
cullmann@kde.org
http://kate.kde.org