List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Heuristic Analysis for KWrite and Kate Menus
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () jowenn ! at>
Date:       2002-03-25 21:03:08

Hi

First of all I think View should be called View in the future too, because it
is consistent with KOffice.

Perhaps New Window should be renamed to New View, like in KOffice, but I found
this always a littlebit confusing and think Window would be better in this
place.

---
I like Spelling... at the bottom more than at the top, but that's a personal
preference.
----

Toggle bookmark would be (is) consistend with IDE's from M$ and Borland, but I
could imagine, that it really  would be better for users, if it is split up
into Add/Remove. (For development breakpoints and other things i would
prefere Toggle tough, but that's a problem of eg kdevelop, then, if it
eventually uses the kate part)
---------

I'm for the Documents list in the Document menu.

----
'Open Terminal' in Konqueror starts a stand alone console application, whereas
the 'Show Terminal' shows the embedded terminal, as it does in kate.

------------

Configure KWrite vs. Editor.
Editor had been choosen, because kwrite is just a window around the
kate/kwrite part, which could be embedded into many different applications,
and eg in kdevelop I don't think Configure KWrite looks really good. Perhaps
we could add something to show 'Configure KWrite' in the kwrite app and
'Configure Editor' when embedded in any other application

------
'Editing command' is borrowed from the vi, where it is called the same way I
think.
If you enter time, it puts the current time into the document, if you do
s/old/new/ it replaces all appearences of old with new, .....

The given statements are my own opinion and are in NO WAY the official
opinions of the kwrite/kate team.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger