List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: TODO - suggestions for 3.1
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-03-17 13:41:34

On Thursday 14 March 2002 04:36, Anders Lund wrote:

> 19) spell checking based on context - for example avoid spell check XML
> tags, only spell check comments in source code an so.

Yes, but this may not be Kate specific problem. It should be solved in
kspell, but it's not possible, because kspell seems to be line-oriented
(and XML of course knows nothing about lines). The right solution would be
to rewrite kspell using the pspell libraray, which offers an API to ispell
and aspell. .... I just see that ispell has an option to ignore XML-like
markup, but pspell does not. Mhhh, so maybe this is still Kate specific.

BTW, David Faure has now added online spell checking to KWord (spell
checking while you type). Hopefully we can add this, too, doesn't seem to
be that complicated.

Regards
 Daniel

--