List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Debuggin ;)
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-03-17 13:10:56

Hi,
I just found 2 glitches in the highlighting code where we accessed mem behind
the allocated (and finally I fixed the /* */ problem on my machine (here the
text stayed greyed out even if I removed the first * (/ */), that was because
we tried to read 1 qchar behind the last one :(

Please, everyone who want's to find bug in the katepart (kate itself seems not
to have many memleaks, as in the app is no real big memconsumpting work) use
the valgrind tool you can find at: (by the way, I should send the guy who
wrote it again a thx you mail ;)

http://devel-home.kde.org/~sewardj/

It is not very portable, but here on a SuSE 7.3 system (with normal glibc
shipped with suse) it seems to work quiet well, it even works with binaries
without debugging code (than you get only the function names, not the line
numbers) and is REALLY great as it says you stuff like:
unitialisated mem used here ... there ...

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann