List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    debugging
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-02-26 14:59:40

Hi all,
Who ever added the kdDebug() statements for updatelines() could you please
remove or uncomment such things prior to committing? As there seems to be 3
or 4 lines printed to the error file each time the keyboard is touched,
things slows down when editing a medium sized XML file for example, and if
kate is started from the session manager of from a menu or kicker button,
~/.xsessionerrors will eat up one's harddisk. And, as I work on katedocument
as well, I don't want to supress debug messages from there, and if i
uncomment them myself, that will eventually end in the cvs directory. Please.

I use similar statements myself once in a while, but if they produce so much
output, I do try to remember removing or disabling them;)

-anders