List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kwrite-devel] Re: kwrite-devel digest, Vol 1 #190 - 1 msg
From:       Christoph Cullmann <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2001-12-03 22:07:27

Am Monday 03 December 2001 23:01 schrieb Roland Krause:
> A few suggestions:
>
> to make kate as usable as nedit, we would need the possiblity of
> rectangular selections, i.e. not the way they are currently implemented
> but exactly the way they are implemented in nedit, with the ability to
> move and cut and paste them.
Cut and Copy should work, but you are right, move and paste must be done.

> Also, a configurable background for the textarea like the Fortran mode
> in Visual Studio would be nice.
Hmm, never seen it.

> Then the whole thing must become much faster, especially for large
> documents.
Fast is good ;) I am working on that (and it should be at least a bit faster
than some days ago now, but the problem is qt's draw text stuff is a bit slow
too :(
But you are right, a bit finetuning on large docs should do much speedUp.