List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: waylandserver and outputmanagement
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-09 15:37:03

On Dienstag, 9. Februar 2016 16:08:23 CEST, Martin Graesslin wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:45:39 PM CET Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I don't think scaling the rendered result is going to be really useful

> Just passing the scale parameter through is - I think - not sufficient.

Actually those are different scenarios.

#1 is to scale to align to the devices resolution
#2 is to scale to provide a different layout (like zoom, present windows, or also \
things like tiling where one window is big and all others small w/o re-layouting the \
windows, yet keep them interactive)

#1 is ideally done by the client (cheaper and better result, the client virtually \
rasterizes vectors) but that approach is rather unsuited for #2 since it requires a \
complete re-render pass (slow and probably cache overhead) and afaiu Qt still cannot \
deal with fractional scale factors anyway.

Cheers,
Thomas