List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Task switcher extremely slow after upgrading to mesa 9.1
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-27 16:29:58

On Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013 16:51:55 CEST, Stefano Avallone wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 February 2013 16:14:23 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> > On Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013 15:34:37 CEST, Stefano Avallone wrote:
> > > Can I do something else to help you track down this issue?
> >
> > Does the blur filter (enable OpenGL 2.0 shaders, disable
> > caching in the blur
> > effect) expose a similar regression?
>
> I am not sure I got what you meant.

Whether blurring becomes (significantly) slower from mesa 9.0 to mesa 9.1 as well.
Disabling the cache is mostly required to stress the impact.

This has no impact and is not much related to the task switcher (esp. not since \
apparently the lanczos filter has predominant impact here) but on translucent and \
blurring windows (some plasma dialogs and esp. the resp. features of the \
oxygen-translucent, bespin and QtCurve styles)

Cheers,
Thomas