List:       kwin
Subject:    Task switcher extremely slow after upgrading to mesa 9.1
From:       Stefano Avallone <stavallo () unina ! it>
Date:       2013-02-27 8:34:05

Hello devs,

I would like to point out an issue that arose after upgrading mesa from 9.0.2
to 9.1. This is on Intel HD4000 graphics (Ivybridge), Linux kernel both 3.7.9
and 3.8, and KDE 4.10.

After upgrading mesa, some task switcher layouts became really slow: the Grid
layout takes 3-4 seconds to show the thumbnails, while the Thumbnails layout
takes 1-2 seconds. The other layouts (including Cover Switch and Flip Switch)
are fast as usual. To make the Grid and Thumbnails layout useful, I have to
set the Scale method to Smooth instead of Accurate.

I wanted to open a bug against mesa/intel, but I thought it was better to ask
an opinion to kwin devs first. Maybe you can provide me with useful
information to pass along to Intel devs.

Of course, feel free to ask me for more information.

Many thanks in advance,
Stefano