List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Re: KCM Authorization (was: Re: Review Request: print-manager on kdereview)
From:       Dario Freddi <drf54321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-30 16:13:03

2012/8/30 Martin Gr=E4=DFlin <mgraesslin@kde.org>:
>> Well, I guess we are certainly not discussing if their solution is
>> right or wrong :) it's pretty obvious things won't change by their
>> side, so we have to work on what we have. The main point of the
>> discussion is whether we could find a way to make the dialog somehow
>> modal to the client.
> does it need to be a dialog? What about the recent suggestion by me to mo=
ve
> the KWallet dialog into the workspace - the same could be done for policy=
 kit.
> It would be a kind of system modal, just without being insane ;-)

Sure it doesn't need to - the "dialog" is merely speaking just a DBus
interface to implement. So it can be pretty much anywhere and yes -
now that you tell me, I remember we already talked about this. It's
surely a possible solution, although in general I don't really like
the concept of having the dialog "system modal". But anything which
can improve the current situation would already be amazing.