2012/8/30 Martin Gr=E4=DFlin : >> Well, I guess we are certainly not discussing if their solution is >> right or wrong :) it's pretty obvious things won't change by their >> side, so we have to work on what we have. The main point of the >> discussion is whether we could find a way to make the dialog somehow >> modal to the client. > does it need to be a dialog? What about the recent suggestion by me to mo= ve > the KWallet dialog into the workspace - the same could be done for policy= kit. > It would be a kind of system modal, just without being insane ;-) Sure it doesn't need to - the "dialog" is merely speaking just a DBus interface to implement. So it can be pretty much anywhere and yes - now that you tell me, I remember we already talked about this. It's surely a possible solution, although in general I don't really like the concept of having the dialog "system modal". But anything which can improve the current situation would already be amazing. > > But I guess I have to read up the thread on kcd which I so far skipped. > > Cheers > Martin _______________________________________________ kwin mailing list kwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwin