List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Additional documentation needs?
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2012-03-29 14:04:40

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 03/09/2012 03:20 AM, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2012 12:54:53 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
> Hi Pablo,

Hi Martin,

> I must admit that I hardly know the state of our documentations :-)

Me either!  :)

> But I think that quite a lot of our very useful effects like Present
> Windows and Desktop Grid are not documented at all. Also I could
> imagine that quite some documentation is outdated. Oh and the new
> scripting module does not have any documentation yet, though
> scripting itself is documented on techbase.
> =

> I would really like to see our end user documentation on userbase
> improve, so thanks for that offer and what you already have
> done. But as I am a developer and not a documentation expert I'd
> recommend to talk to Burkhard Lueck about what is really needed.

I spoke with Burkhard and Yuri and basically, they said I should do
whatever I want.  :)  Given my lack of spare time (who among us isn't
busy eh?), I thought I'd come back and ask the KWin team what would be
the /most/ helpful to document.

What I'm thinking is, are there certain bugs created which can be
addressed via updated and/or new documentation?

Thanks a lot!
-- =

Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com
Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)