List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Script to keep a part of the panel visible in fullscreen windows
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-10 10:51:30

Am 09.03.2012, 19:12 Uhr, schrieb Martin Gräßlin
<kde@martin-graesslin.com>:

> The porpuse of this script is to unbreak the Plasma Active powered
> device if you switch in e.g. Okular to fullscreen. As Okular has the
> exit fullscreen in a panel you have to hit with the mouse you cannot
> leave fullscreen.

Please don't get me wrong, i don't mind the script but since this will
likely mean a bright bar on top of the fullscreen window and given that
pdf reading should be an important aspect for touch devices and that
okular isn't very "touchy" at all:
Would it not be better to "fix" okular presentation mode, eg. by only
react on clicks in two stripes on the lower vertical edges (so "clicking"
on the left border moves one page back, on the right stripe one page for)
and thus permitting to slide the finger towards or across the panel to
berak the fullscreen mode? (I even considered to "fix" that in bespin ;-)

As a general solution i'd still recommend an input only (or translucent
ARGB) window - i mean: you neither want to waste pixels, nor have a bright
colorful bar above your movie, yesno?

Just sayin' *shrug*,
Thomas