List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Task Switcher UI
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-01 19:38:57

Am 01.03.2012, 16:49 Uhr, schrieb Hans Chen <hanswchen@gmail.com>:

> With https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104025/ there will be a lot more

> > For the settings I'm thinking of an approach like the mouse actions
>> for Plasma Desktop.
> I also think it makes it less straightforward and more complicated

I tend to agree on that, it's imo more suited for unlimited filter chains
or inline GUIs (aka. toolbars)

> http://hanswchen.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/kwinsettings.png (note that
Still too scary =)
One could increase entropy by getting redundant text into the group title
- but since it's only a mock...
Also "include the desktop" does imo not belong into that list and the
minimized state is at least a little different form the other ones (state
./. attribute) so i'd separate it with a line.

>    2. I believe most options are binary,
Nope, not sure about the idea behind, but multiscreen is ternary as well
and therefore application, virtual desktop and activity should be as well?!
-> tristate checkbox (+tooltip), radios, or two mutual checkboxes (ie. you
can activate none or one toggles the other)

>    3. It's not possible to set "Exclude windows from current screen" in
aha ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas