List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: q: KWin Rules doc - confirming understanding of `Force Temporarily'
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2012-02-29 11:59:00

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 02/29/2012 02:21 AM, Thomas Lübking wrote:
>> Correction:  I hadn't exited from the `Window Rules' when I made the
>> above observation.  The rule /is/ deleted once it fires.  So now I'm
>> not quite sure how this parameter differs from `Apply Now'  :\
>
> Apply now applies now, force temp. *forces* the state, you will not be
> able to alter it until the rule is discarded what happens as soon as
> the last matching client is gone. (What is why "Apply now and keep" is
> not appropriate)

Hi Thomas,

Yes, you're correct.

Perhaps it should be named `Force Now'  It is related to `Apply Now'
with the difference, as you point out, being the attribute is immutable.

Thanks!
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com