List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: q: KWin Rules doc - confirming understanding of `Force Temporarily'
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-29 7:21:15

> Correction:  I hadn't exited from the `Window Rules' when I made the
> above observation.  The rule /is/ deleted once it fires.  So now I'm
> not quite sure how this parameter differs from `Apply Now'  :\

Apply now applies now, force temp. *forces* the state, you will not be
able to alter it until the rule is discarded what happens as soon as
the last matching client is gone. (What is why "Apply now and keep" is
not appropriate)

In a simplistic way it's "force the setting for now, but don't do some
ruling next time i launch the application at all" - that's not 100%
correct, but probably the use case (when you're in a special situation
like a use case or so)

Cheers,
Thomas