List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: q: KWin Rules doc - confirming understanding of `Force Temporarily'
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-28 20:47:05

Am 28.02.2012, 20:17 Uhr, schrieb Pablo Sanchez <pablo@blueoakdb.com>:

> In reviewing my notes, one item was the `Force Temporarily' pull-down
> for an attribute.  The last time we spoke, it was my understanding
> that this is an unimplemented parameter.
>
> Is this still the case?  I'll document it as such.

Nope, actually iirc we had that before ;-)
It only makes sense in the context of the context menu "Special
Window/Application settings ..." dialog.
It act just as "Force" but only for this *very* window, or more precise as
a matching window is there
As soon as you close the last matching window and reopen a new one, the
settings is no longer there and does not take place.
Probably shitty flag name, though. Got a better one?

Cheers,
Thomas