List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: q:  KWin doc - Autogroup attributes
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-27 22:01:35

Am 27.02.2012, 22:31 Uhr, schrieb Pablo Sanchez <pablo@blueoakdb.com>:

> Howdy,
>
> As I'm documenting, I can't make heads or tails of the following two
> window attributes:
>
> 1. Autogroup in foreground
> 2. Autogroup by ID
>
> I can see how `Autogroup with identical' works but the above two, I
> don't have any context to try a Use Case.

Autogroup in foreground means:
"when adding this window to an existing one (or group), make it the
active, ie. visible one" - "yes/no" (autogroup in foreground is also a
global toggle)

Autogroup by ID allows to "tag" several windows through the rules as
"belong together", ie. eg. konsole and kwrite have usually nothing in
common but you might want to tab them in some sort of cheap IDE or
whatever. So you let them "Autogroup by ID" and add the ID "MyIDE" (i
think this works by a comma separated list, but am not sure at hand)

Cheers,
Thomas